What's for breakfast tomorrow? How about a jar of delicious peanut butter overnight oats.
Filled with nutritious ingredients to help make a complete breakfast and its so easy to put together little kitchen helpers can almost do it all for you!
The issue with most traditional breakfast foods is they lack protein and have way too much added sugar. These overnight oats provide about 17 grams of protein from the milk, peanut butter and oats with only 5 grams of added sugar and of course they taste great!
My daughter added a banana to hers and felt it was too much for one breakfast for her. So next time she will make the recipe into two jars.
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Makes one serving
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (or another nut butter)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- cut up fruit (fresh, frozen or dried). If you use frozen defrost it in the fridge the night before.
- flax seed
- In a bowl or jar mix together milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, maple syrup. Don't worry about getting the peanut butter completely mixed in.
- Stir in the rolled oats and make sure the oats are under the liquid.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy as is or add a topping in the morning.