I have found the best, most delicious black bean recipe EVER! You are going to want to try these tonight...trust me!
This black bean recipe has quickly become one of our favourite "go-to" recipe for a number of reasons.
1 - they are easy to make and an excellent recipe for kids to help with or make themselves,
2 - they are so versatile, we enjoy these beans in a lot of different ways and
3 - (the most important point) they are SO delicious!
And it doesn't hurt that they are a great way to replace some meat and add fibre, protein and vitamins and minerals like folate and iron to your diet (but that's just the dietitian in me talking).
We use these black beans to make black bean tacos. I have also added them to scrambled eggs and a breakfast burrito. We have enjoyed them in a Buddha Bowl and our Mexican Chicken Bowl. And I think they would be an excellent addition to a taco salad!
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cans black bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, taco seasoning, and onion powder to frying pan and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add black beans and tomato juice. Stir to combine.
- Allow the beans to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until most of the tomato juice has evaporated. Stir bean occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and enjoy!
- Add black beans to your favourite whole grain wrap.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and peppers.
- Drizzle with this cilantro avocado dressing
Original recipe from Food Love