These homemade wraps have just 4 basic ingredients. Simply top your wraps with whatever you like, and roll them up into a neat little package!
Makes 8 Small Wraps
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c warm water
- In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat and white flour, oil and salt.
- Slowly add the warm water while stirring until a rough dough comes together. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Turn the dough onto the counter and knead for about two minutes.
- Return to bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into a circle, about 6 inches in diameter (you want them to be pretty thin)
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and grease lightly.
- Drop one wrap into the pan and let cook until bubbles form- about 1 minute. (Note: If you cook the wraps longer than a minute per side, they simply get crispier (aka homemade tortilla chips!) and are perfect for snacking and dipping!)
- Flip over and cook another minute, pressing down with a spatula if needed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge. Wraps can also be frozen, separated by parchment paper.