Buffalo Chickpea Dip

 

Don't you love when you find a new recipe that is a crowd favourite? And then you blow their mind when you can honestly say this is a healthier dip!
Last night I attended a retirement party for a coworker and of course I tried a new recipe - a buffalo chickpea dip. Yum! What I love about this dip is the flavour and also the fact that it's not made with cream cheese. I do love to find recipes that taste great and are healthier.

I served this dip with carrot sticks and Michele's Homemade Pita Chips - I just made the chips out of whole wheat wraps because that's what I had at home.

Ingredients
  • 8 oz plain hummus
  • 1 (19 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup of hot sauce - I used the original Frank's Red Hot
  • 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded

Directions
  •  Preheat oven to 350 F. 

  •  In a food processor or using an immersion blender, mix the hummus, garlic, parsley, hot sauce and cheese.

  • Add in the chickpeas - you can make this dip as smooth or chunky as you like.

  • Transfer dip to an oven safe baking dish. 
  • Bake for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!
Shannon RD
Registered Dietitian 


Comments