Don't you love when you find a new recipe that is a crowd favourite? And then you blow their mind when you can honestly say this is a healthier dip!
Last night I attended a retirement party for a coworker and of course I tried a new recipe - a buffalo chickpea dip. Yum! What I love about this dip is the flavour and also the fact that it's not made with cream cheese. I do love to find recipes that taste great and are healthier.
I served this dip with carrot sticks and Michele's Homemade Pita Chips - I just made the chips out of whole wheat wraps because that's what I had at home.
- 8 oz plain hummus
- 1 (19 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce - I used the original Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor or using an immersion blender, mix the hummus, garlic, parsley, hot sauce and cheese.
- Add in the chickpeas - you can make this dip as smooth or chunky as you like.
- Transfer dip to an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.