Here's a new take on chili! Ground turkey or chicken and white beans form the base of this delicious one-pot meal. The fresh hot peppers and spices give this dish just as much flavor as regular chili, and it's guaranteed to be just as satisfying on a chilly winter day!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, or 3 poblano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
- 2 cans white beans (such as navy beans or white kidney beans), or about 5 cups, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can corn, drained (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, or light sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Health the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, jalapeno and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and cook for another minute.
2. Add the ground turkey or chicken and cook, breaking up the meat, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the beans, broth, and oregano. Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally for about 25 minutes.
3. Add the corn, salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook, partially covered for another 10 minutes. Serve into individual bowls and top with a spoon full of greek yogurt, salsa, and cilantro (optional).