Coconut Farro with Mango


So I am still on the farro kick and if you are sick of it I'm so sorry! I'll see what I can do about finding a new food obsession. But in the mean time let me share my most favourite way to eat farro - for breakfast. Try this coconut farro and mango hot cereal.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup of farro
  • 1 can of light coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 ripe mango sliced or frozen mango defrosted
Directions
  • Place farro in strainer and give it a good rinse under running water.
  • Put farro, coconut milk and water in a sauce pan.
  • Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  • Slice mango and serve on top of hot cereal.
Makes two servings. 

The mango could be replaced with peaches or blue berries or your favourite fruit. 

Enjoy!

Shannon RD
Registered Dietitian 


Comments