I loved any type of baked oatmeal because really it's just easy to make ahead and it heats up well. This recipe got the thumbs up from a teenager and toddler so it's definitely a keeper!
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
Makes 9 servings
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed ripe (even over ripe) bananas - about 2 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter, melted (for the topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray or line an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together 1/2 cup peanut butter, honey, bananas and eggs. Carefully stir in milk.
- In a large sized mixing bowl, mix together oats, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Stir in wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out mostly clean. If you like a drier oatmeal bake until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is cooling, melt 2 tbsp. peanut butter and drizzle over top.
Original Recipe from A Kitchen Addiction