I love this salad and enjoyed it as a quick meal this week. It was super easy and used one of my absolute favourite processed foods. I know you probably just re-read that and are thinking did she just say the p-word?
Although processed foods are usually higher in fat, sugar and salt. Some (and I mean a very few) processed foods are actually healthy and just make your life a little easier. Like my favourite - shredded cabbage. If you've ever shredded a cabbage before and are anything like me in the kitchen (a bit of a mess) than you know its a messy job.
I add shredded cabbage to salad, sandwiches, stir-fries and soups. And of course you can use it to make coleslaw or just saute it with a little onion and serve as a side. I find having shredded cabbage on hand makes it easy to add to almost anything you make.
- Diced chicken , cooked
- Shredded cabbage mix
- Arugula (spring mix or your favourite greens)
- Chopped peanuts or sesame sticks (optional)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Whisk all salad dressing ingredients together.
- Toss salad dressing with cabbage and greens.
- Top salad with chicken, cilantro, peanuts or sesame sticks.