If you have never used an avocado just know there is a golf ball sized pit in the middle. Avocados are ripe when they feel soft when pressed lightly in your hand.
How to Freeze Avocados
- Cut the avocado in half from top to bottom and carefully cut around the pit.
- Twist the two halves and gently pull a part.
- To remove the pit: carefully with a knife make a cross and gently twist the knife. The pit should turn with the knife. Use a cloth to grab onto the pit to remove it from the knife.
- Gently brush the cut sides of the avocado with lime juice (not shown in the video). This helps keep the avocado green.
- Use a small piece of plastic wrap to form an air tight seal on the cut side of the avocado.
- Place the avocados in a freezer bag and label.
- Last and final step - place avocados in the freezer.