Asparagus is in season and 100% delicious! What better way to enjoy it then to add it to one of my favourite meals Thai Green Curry. We made this last night for dinner and served it over rice. It was delicious and really easy to make - two things which of course I love! According to my daughter "it's sweet with some heat and a total make again ...like seriously mom!" We hope you enjoy it too, along with some local asparagus this spring!
Thai Green Curry with Asparagus and Chicken
Makes 4 servings
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp green curry paste
2 tsp vegetable oil
5 chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1 can light coconut milk
1 bunch of asparagus, trim the ends and cut stalks into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce
1 tsp honey
The juice and zest of one lime
Fresh cilantro chopped (optional - but highly recommended)
- In a large deep pan cook onion, garlic, curry paste and oil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Add coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and asparagus. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and reaches a temperature of 74 C (165 F).
- Add fish sauce, honey, lime juice and zest.
- Server on it's own or over rice. Garnish if you wish with cilantro.
This recipe was adapted from Foodland Ontario's Green Curry Chicken with Asparagus