Do you love when a recipe works out perfectly? I do!! What I loved about this Egg Roll Stir-Fry is once you have the meat cooking you can prepare the vegetables and sauce. It was quick, easy and most importantly delicious!
- 1 lb of lean ground meat (beef, pork, chicken or turkey)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- In a large deep pan, heat 1 tsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and ground meat. Use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
- While the meat is cooking slice the carrots and cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in half and remove the stem. Place the flat cut side down on the cutting board and thinly slice.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk together.
- Once the meat is cooked, increase the temperature to medium-high. Add the carrots and cabbage to the meat, stir and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add the sauce and stir well.
- Reduce heat back to medium and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
- Enjoy this stir-fry on its own or over rice. I also added a little hot sauce to mine!
Original recipe from http://www.southyourmouth.com/2016/01/egg-roll-stir-fry.html