Amazing Oven Roasted Garlic
This roasted garlic serves double duty as a flavour enhancer and a way to scent your home with amazing garlic goodness while it roasts! Use it in:
-spread on bread or bruschetta
-in pasta sauces
1 head of garlic
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Trim off 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the top of the head of garlic, exposing the cloves.
3. With your fingers, rub off some of the white skin on the outside of the garlic.
4. Place head of garlic in the middle of a large sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Fold the aluminum foil around the garlic to form a bundle.
6. Roast garlic in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Carefully open the bundle of garlic, allowing the steam to escape.
8. Remove garlic from cloves, and mash to use in a variety of recipes.
Natalee, RD Pin It