One Meal…Two Ways! Part 2







Two weeks ago I made a roast in the slow cooker and then used the leftovers to make a completely new meal the next night!




I wish I could claim this was my own brilliant idea but I actually picked up this gem from Pinterest! 




What I loved about this was it literally took minutes to make and it didn’t feel like we were eating the same foods as the night before – even though we were! 
  
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dip Sandwich






Ingredients


  • 4 buns – We used a cheese bun but next time I would use a crustier bun (our cheese buns didn’t hold up the best to dipping)
  • 2 cups slow cooked roast beef
  • Onions from slow cooked roast beef
  • 1 cup of drippings from slow cooked roast beef


Directions

  • Warm the beef, onions and drippings separately.
  • Assemble the sandwiches with the roast beef, onions, and a little mustard if you like.
  • Serve with the drippings for dipping! (say that 10 times fast)
  • Add a salad or enjoy the leftover carrots to help round out this meal.
Enjoy!
Shannon RD
Registered Dietitian



Original recipe from http://www.closetcooking.com/2016/10/slow-cooker-roast-beef-french-dip.html

Comments