This recipe is a keeper in my books because it's easy to make, looks lovely, and is a great way to showcase seasonal berries.
This makes 6 frozen desserts, but the recipe can be multiplied to feed a crowd or make extras for the freezer.
- ¼ cup crushed almonds (slivered or sliced almonds will work too)
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsbp melted butter
- ¾ cup vanilla greek yogurt (or flavour of your choice)
- ¾ cup fresh fruit (such as raspberries, blueberries, and chopped strawberries)
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone cupcake liners
- Combine almonds, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and mix to form a semi-most crumb. If using slivered or slices almonds, combine the almonds with the sugar and melted butter in a food processor, and pulse until the almonds are finely chopped.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the 6 muffin tins to form the bottom crust
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the yogurt into each muffin tin
- Divide the fresh fruit evenly on top of each cupcake
- Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. To serve, remove the cupcake liner and let stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the yogurt to soften slightly. Serve with a fork or spoon.
Enjoy! Natalee, RD