Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta


Our Farm Fresh Box had a butternut squash which I quickly called dibs on - I love butternut squash soup. It's probably my favourite soup in the fall and one I make the most. Instead of making this squash into soup I decided to expand our horizons...



I made this roasted butternut squash with cranberries and feta. I served it with roast beef. The squash was so good my daughter took the leftover for lunch and enjoyed eating it cold.

Ingredients:


  • 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste
  • 2 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta
  • fresh parsley, chopped
Directions
  • Preheat oven 425 F
  • Line baking dish with parchment paper

  • In a large bowl toss squash with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder

  • Transfer squash to baking dish in a single layer
  • Bake for 25 minutes 

  • Remove tray from oven and sprinkle cranberries over

  • Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cranberries start to burst. 
  • Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with honey, feta and parsley
Enjoy!

Shannon RD
Registered Dietitian

For more information and to order a Farm Fresh box check out their website http://thelocalcfc.org/?page_id=2782

Comments