I came across this recipe and was so interested in the idea of eating baked onions. I use onions in almost everything I make but never have I considered this type of side.
So with the biggest onion I have ever seen - received in the Farm Fresh Box - we gave it a try!
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 medium onions - or one really large onion!
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, oil and honey
- Slice onions into 1 cm (1/2 inch) think slices
- Place onions in a single layer on a greased baking dish - I used parchment paper
- Brush with mustard mixture
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until tender.
I served these onions with roast beef. Next time I would cook them for a little longer until they were really tender and enjoy them on a sandwich or hamburger.
For more information and to order a Farm Fresh box check out their website http://thelocalcfc.org/?page_id=2782
Recipe from Foodland Ontario