As promised here is a recipe for baked chicken chimichangas. I made these for lunch the other day and they were a great hit!
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole (1 avocado was enough)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (recipe posted April 8, 2015)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used monterey jack)
- 2-3 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven for 425 F
- Spread refried beans in the middle of each tortilla.
- Spread guacamole on top of beans.
- Add shredded chicken
- Top chicken with shredded cheese
- Roll into a burrito and place on baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each chimichanga with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tortillas are browned and crispy.
- Serve with salsa and plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
Original Recipe from http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/12/baked-chicken-chimichangas.html