Today, Michele shares one of her favourite soup recipes for Cabbage Potato Soup.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ a green cabbage, diced
- 1 L low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup of milk
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute the onion until soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add potato, cabbage and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash the large chunks of potatoes.
- Stir in milk and season with black pepper.