Great recipe to use frozen or canned tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots finely minced or shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cans (796 mL) diced tomatoes (about 2.4 L)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ - 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- In a large pot heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Stir in carrots and garlic and cook until carrots are soft. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 1 hour.
You can leave sauce chunky or use an immersion blender to puree it.
To freeze divide the sauce into 1 cup or 2 cup portions. Label with date and portion size.