This is a very interesting oatmeal recipe. I never thought about eating oatmeal without cooking it, so I just had to try it. I found this recipe extremely easy. It's literally mix, (refrigerate overnight) and go. The bonus it's delicious!
There are so many reasons to like this recipe:
- It's easy to make
- It's ready to run out the door with you (just pack in a resealable container)
- It's a cold oatmeal option for summer
- It's 100% whole grain
- It's a balanced meal - providing three of the four food groups (Vegetables and Fruit, Grain Products and Milk and Alternatives)
- It allows you be get creative by mixing and matching yogurt flavours and different fruit, and
- It tastes great!
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 100 g (one small individual size container) plain or any flavour Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of fruit
Mix everything together into a bowl or resealable container the night before. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and enjoy for breakfast the next morning.
I used vanilla yogurt and frozen peaches - I can't wait for peach season this year! I also tried this recipe with cheery yogurt and blueberries. Both delicious!