Dinner Dilemma

Last night I got home later and still needed to cook dinner. Even though I had a plan of what I was making I still found myself in a bit of a dilemma, when I realized we did not have a main ingredient – it was accidentally missed while grocery shopping.


So here is was we made instead and why I am glad to have some helpful items in the freezer.

A few weeks ago I purchased a large club pack of extra lean ground beef. When I got home I cooked it with some chopped onion and then froze it in 1 cup amounts.





My daughter set the table, while I cooked some pasta and defrosted the cooked ground beef in a large frying pan. As the beef heated up I broke it apart. Once I got it all broken apart I added a can of crushed tomatoes. Sprinkled the pan with black pepper, Italian seasoning and a dash of red pepper flakes and let simmer until bubbly and heated through.



While the sauce was simmering I made a ranch dressing and my daughter chopped a pepper and carrot for a salad.



Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
  • 1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • few dashes Tabasco sauce (I found 4 not enough but 8 too much)



Voila! Dinner in 20 minutes.

Enjoy,
Shannon RD


Comments