This is a combination of a couple of recipes given to me by friends who also have lots of mint in their garden.
3 avocados, diced
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, chopped
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup low fat sour cream
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
Hot sauce to taste (I use wasabi)
What to do
1) Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. It's easy to remove the pits if the avocado is ripe.
Take a sturdy knife and carefully 'whack'it into the pit. Twist the knife gently, then pull away.
2) Dice the avocados. With the back of a knife, score the flesh of the avocado lengthwise then crosswise. Be careful not to cut down to the peel of the avocado.
3) Gently scoop the avocado into a dish.
4) Add the chopped garlic and the juice and rind of the lemon.
5) In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, sour cream and hot sauce.
7) Transfer the dip to a serving dish. Serve with pita crisps, whole grain crackers or veggies sticks.
If you have recipes for using fresh mint, send them along!